High Lights

StarBuzz Online - Toronto

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Fashion as perceived by Sanjukta Das of Toronto


Sanjukta Das
It's Fashion Friday...
And I want to talk about something very close to my heart...
Personal Branding.... To me Fashion plays a huge role in Personal Branding …. Every one of you I know has a brand worthy of notice. But how do you show it in a way that is true to your values and authentic to who you are? Personal branding as I understand is not only about what you share with the outside world, but how you conduct yourself and your work/profession along with your lifestyle on a daily basis. The way I dress, the way I speak (to students in my case) and colleagues, and the attention I pay to the quality of my work are the most powerful ways I communicate what is unique and special about who I am. I would love to share a few of my secrets about personal branding today…If you feel it is adequate, feel free to apply it to yourself: Being real.
The most effective tool of connecting is not being polite and polished always, but being authentic and friendly ... it has been the topmost factor in my quality of communication Being vulnerable.
Finding ways to tell my stories of failures- both in business and in my personal life. Admitting that sometimes I am overwhelmed by family life or stumped by a work place challenge.
Believe me I did not lose friends, when I have shared my stories of failures. Instead I have been rewarded with some trusting relationships of a lifetime. Being transparent.
It is okay to talk about the true life-stories….they are more powerful than any credentials. Personal life stories, to me, are far more compelling than my academic degrees or awards. Taking a stand! Having a voice!
If I have believed in something, I talk about it … I am vocal about it! I stay positive, even when I don’t feel positive.
I meditate, I pray, I chant and I see myself feeling positive... it works for me! I persist and I never give up.
Keep on and on…. If you stay authentic to who you are and what’s important to you, strong relationships will form and people will accept you the way you are! Watch your brand evolve!
Sanjukta Das 2014-8-29 14:51

No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter

Creating Unity, Cutting Across Communities